Saturday, April 7, 2007

My Views On Poetry

I love poetry, I believe that it is a wonderful medium for expressing emotion. It is useful for romance, satire, the worship of God's creation, and other strong feelings.

I enjoy the limerick format as well as other structured, metered formats. When I compose poetry I try to prioritize meter and precision of language. Please feel free to critique any poetry I post here. I welcome any suggestions that will help me to achieve my priorities as stated above.

Finally, I hope to use evocative language that will provoke deep feelings in the reader whenever possible. I believe that poetry is a spiritual endeavor. For me, the impulse to rhyme springs from strong emotions including (but not limited to) love, sadness, disgust, and the appreciation of beauty.

No comments: