Sunday, February 14, 2010

Negligent Blogger Syndrome

I have not posted here for over a year. I didn't have many readers anyway so I doubt if anyone noticed. A lot has happened since my last post. We have sold our business and consequently have more free time. 2009 was the first summer in years that I did not work seven days a week.

We miss being around all of the wonderful people we met running a tiny store in the country. Our lake had a devastating fish kill as a result of a powerful storm, and the resulting decline in fishing quality made me quite depressed for a while, as the successful fishing activity used to be one of the highlights of my life. It is difficult to describe what it means to have your "own" lake that you know like the back of your hand, where you can walk a few yards out of your front door any time of the day, and know what you can catch and where, and the right bait to use, and then to lose it all in an instant.

My fishing life has just not been the same since! Anyway, I can't really commit to becoming a regular or consistent blogger, I just don't have the right motivation. Happy Valentine's Day to anyone who happens to read this.

No comments: